To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2005 11:22 AM
Subject: RE: Digital ISO (actually now lens flare and optimization)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eclipse Agency"

: What about lens flare and such? The article gave a few reasons how
digital
: lenses are optimized.

When I first heard of so called 'Digital' lenses I said 'yeah right'. But
the thing that caught my mind as being a possibility was not so much flare
from outside light sources per se but rather the light reflecting off the
sensor and back towards the lens and then reflecting back into the sensor
etc. Supposedly the digital lenses have more anti-reflective coating to
prevent that. I'm no expert like Vlad, but that sounded plausible to me.

Greg