Re: Digital ISO; lens optimization)

At 10:31 AM 1/30/2005, SteveS <sgshiya@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What I don't like about this post, is that Jeff infers manufacturers are fooling us. Good digital cameras have different lenses. Some manufacturers have designed their cameras to adapt to film lenses. The LF backs used by pros are made with such modifications.

Canon doesn't offer "digital lenses." Nikon doesn't offer "digital lenses." Sigma offers "digital lenses." That tells you exactly what is going on.

Nobody is redesigning SLR lenses for digital cameras, at least so far. Some companies are marketing their lenses as "digital lenses" in order to boost sales. It's really simple.

And I'm still wondering about the lens designer. Which cameras does he design lenses for?

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.spirer.com
One People: http://www.onepeople.com/
Surfaces and Marks: http://www.withoutgrass.com