29 January Gallery thoughts...

Rich Mason
This is, in my opinion, a truly fascinating image. Full dynamic range from the whitest white to the blackest black. Composition is excellent. My eye (I only have sight in one) enters the image at the upper left and is led to each face, one by one. There is an odd feeling of balance... two men facing away, two women facing the photographer but not looking at him, and the male and female images in the newspaper staring directly at me. An airports is a place where one can be totally alone in the midst of a huge crowd.

Veli Cigirgan
Interesting crop. I would have preferred the background either sharply in focus or totally blurred. Isn't it too bad that there always is so much waste when fish are "cleaned". Those heads would nicely flavor a blond roux shrimp gumbo.

Viewmaster Cat
Interesting technology. Picture window pro has a full-color anaglyph transformation. I've no idea if it works or not because my world is two dimensional.

Young Robin.
Nice close-up shot. I wonder where the eye highlight came from. There is a subtle, green, over all tinge probably reflected from the green foliage. It looks like moss on the branch the bird is sitting on. It is easily corrected by moving white point to neutral.

UN Doctor
nicely posed, good human interest, but poorly exposed. Five seconds spent moving the midpoint well up and reducing saturation will reveal lot of detail in the patient's face and hand without blowing out the T-shirt or the background wall.. Dark complexions are very difficult to get right.

Ballet night
What a lovely sweet child. The soft, defused, look really works for me. This is a photograph that will be treasured for years. Nicely caught!

Bus Station.
Not like any bus station I've ever used . Flat lighting and pastel image editing moves the shot from mundane to interesting.

Johnson Mill
The snow makes the image. A little less tree in the upper right would still give the feeling of depth without intruding quite so much. This looks cold! The older I get the less I like cold weather. We've already had our winter's frost on the windshield, here. I didn't stay up to watch.

face and the window
I like the vertical and horizontal lines. Is that a reflection or is it grime on the inside of the glass? If it's the latter you could claim its John the Baptist and sell it for thousands on e-bay.

No Rules
Indeed. No rules, no art, no nothing.  Nice troll .

Dave
East Englewood
The proof is in the print.