Re: photo law facts

> Interesting, but note that was published in 1997.  The Patriot Act
> does give authorities powers that were not in effect then.  I keep
hearing about this "Patriot Act".  Must read up about it!!!!

> Even if  you have the absolute right to photograph, the police
> now seem to have the power to arrest you "on suspicion" which
> will be a hassle at best.
Don't you risk ending up in Guatanamo bay, or is that reserved for us
foreigners?

I've read quite a few reports of over-zealous policing - Thnks: "Oh,
he's stood out in the open witha big camera and a tripod, maybe he's
trying to take covert pictures"

Bob