RE: Getting an audience at a gallery

Marilyn,

A common practice is "gallery crawls."  Our attendance at openings
increased substantially when we coordinated them with the other
galleries in the downtown area. We invite people for noon  "brown bag"
talks on the last Friday of the show - even manage to get a sponsor for
those sometimes. The artist(s) or one of our members talks about the
show.  We also encourage teachers to bring classes.  You shouldn't
expect too much walk-in traffic.

Try dressing  as a giant tube of Windsor Newton cadmium orange paint and
wave at people driving by the gallery.  :-)

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 2nd ed.
NOW SHIPPING