Re: gallery

Having been in Cairo for nearly four years, I feel
I've shot everything there is to be shot...I know I'm
wrong...7 am here, the first day of the Eid...many
lambs will be slaughtered on the streets today, and I
plan on being there with my camera and a friend (but
if his five year old comes, we may have some
explaining to do to mommy...)...then, it's another one
of many trips to Giza, but this time I have my 5x7
(wee!)
--- LScottPht@xxxxxxx wrote:

> How sad. I've only been to NY once with the Popular
> Photog. Mentor Series and
> fell in love with the place. I guess, if you're not
> from there, you find a
> wealth of photo ops. I live in Dallas and have
> nothing here to inspire me. I
> think I'm just too used to the place. I signed a
> contract with Zuma, and they
> expect me to submit basically on a monthly basis. If
> I'm not in a different
> country or even city, I can't seem to find anything
> to photograph. I haven't turned
> anything into them since the flood and violence in
> Sept/Oct in Haiti. I've
> racked my brain trying to figure out a good photo
> essay close to home with no
> success. That's the difference between an OK
> photographer and a great
> photographer. A great photographer can find subjects
> in their own backyard (this is to
> me, not to you). I just need to hit the streets,
> like you do.
>
> Leslie

=====

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham