Re: gallery

Tina-
First of all, the images were wonderful, full of emotion. Second, it's funny you should mention volunteering at some of those places because that's precisely what I have been looking into over the last couple of days. I'm trying to look into volunteering at some different ones that people don't really know much about. I have also decided to volunteer with the American Red Cross to do disaster relief within the US. So, I totally agree with what you have said. I just need to get busy and decide exactly what I want to do.

Leslie

Go with where your heart is.  Volunteer for the same kind of agencies that
you work with in Haiti.  The local meals on wheels, senior citizens day
cares, soup kitchens, homeless shelters, food pantries, children's
attention homes.  I, too, find it more exciting to photograph in developing
countries; but, if you look, the need is just as great here and your
photographs can make a difference here, too.

Our local newspaper, in co-operation with the local university gallery, is
sponsoring a year-long documentary photography project and is requesting
proposals from everybody in the community.  It's amazing how much there is
to photograph here.  I have more than I can possibly cover.  A feature on
the local adult day care center will be published next week.  Here are a
couple of photos from that one:

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/38797304
http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/38797305

It may not be life and death dramatic, but the photos do remind people to
donate to local agencies, too.  They make a difference in ways that we
don't always see.

Tina