Re: gallery

Like I said, that's one of the differences between an OK photographer and a great photographer. I know a great photographer can find things in his backyard or around the corner. I am just not getting inspired here which is why I have so far to go in this field of photography. Also, since I am freelancing with Zuma, they need newsworthy stories or stories with impact, something different. Everyone has gone to shelters and photographed. I did that at an abuse shelter for 6 months and enjoyed every minute of it. It's not that I don't think those stories are important. To me, they would be, but I need a photo essay that will sell. Photographing for myself and photographing for something Zuma could sell are two entirely different things.

Leslie

Atget would set up his camera on a street corner.  Focus on a position of interest and stand around with the dark slide pulled, shutter set and wait until something or someone stopped or stood in that range of his focus.