Re: gallery

At 07:30 PM 1/19/2005, you wrote:
If I'm not in a different country or even city, I can't seem to find anything to photograph. I've racked my brain trying to figure out a good photo essay close to home with no success.
Leslie

Leslie -

Go with where your heart is. Volunteer for the same kind of agencies that you work with in Haiti. The local meals on wheels, senior citizens day cares, soup kitchens, homeless shelters, food pantries, children's attention homes. I, too, find it more exciting to photograph in developing countries; but, if you look, the need is just as great here and your photographs can make a difference here, too.

Our local newspaper, in co-operation with the local university gallery, is sponsoring a year-long documentary photography project and is requesting proposals from everybody in the community. It's amazing how much there is to photograph here. I have more than I can possibly cover. A feature on the local adult day care center will be published next week. Here are a couple of photos from that one:

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/38797304
http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/38797305

It may not be life and death dramatic, but the photos do remind people to donate to local agencies, too. They make a difference in ways that we don't always see.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP www.tinamanley.com

http://www.pdiphotos.com http://www.workbookstock.com http://www.newscom.com http://www.americanphotojournalist.com