Re: Copyright question: re tiny thumbnails and banknotes

Well I tried with a UK £10 bank note! CS refused to touch it, likewise using an image file, CS still recognised the image.

Howard.

Anyhow, I seem to recall an artist some time ago who did this very thing with tiny images of dollar bills and other banknotes (I have a feeling there was even a portrait of Chairman Mao). Don´t think he had any kind of legal trouble for his efforts, however.

He would have been unable to use Photoshop CS for this, however; there is something in the program that makes it refuse to handle images of money (even our Swedish bills are included in its database) and instead displays a window of legal blurb.

Per Öfverbeck http://foto.ofverbeck.se