Virtual Colour Museum

Some Christmas reading

An excerpt from an encyclopaedia of color (without the math!!!)

http://www.colorsystem.com/
"In a reality so rich with colours, there are in reality no colours.
The colours we see indeed depend on the light that enters our eyes
from the outside world. Nevertheless, what we actually perceive as red
or green originates deep within our brains. Colours are not,
therefore, merely "Deeds of Light", as Johann Wolfgang Goethe once
claimed; colours are also a product of the self, and we decorate our
own personal world with them."

That got me thinking: does colour blindness have a purely physical
basis, or is it in the inability to interpret?