Re: Virtual Colour Museum

i took this rubbish in philosophy class (another
phenominal waste of time)...simply put, to pity or
differentiate from another's perception is arrogant...
vision is vision, it defines the world of the
individual and should have little bearing on society
--- Bob Talbot <BobTalbot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Some Christmas reading
>
> An excerpt from an encyclopaedia of color (without
> the math!!!)
>

> http://www.colorsystem.com/
> "In a reality so rich with colours, there are in
> reality no colours.
> The colours we see indeed depend on the light that
> enters our eyes
> from the outside world. Nevertheless, what we
> actually perceive as red
> or green originates deep within our brains. Colours
> are not,
> therefore, merely "Deeds of Light", as Johann
> Wolfgang Goethe once
> claimed; colours are also a product of the self, and
> we decorate our
> own personal world with them."
>

> That got me thinking: does colour blindness have a
> purely physical
> basis, or is it in the inability to interpret?

=====

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham