Re: Fate of Silver Gelatin Paper

At 10:39 PM 12/15/2004, Bob Talbot wrote:
Even when we went the more conventional route, taking the films to
"Boots" for processing.

I don't know of any Boots locations easily accessible in "developing countries", which was what we were talking about.

Oh well, those days are past worldwide it seems.

Isn't that true of many things? There was a time when a refrigerator was a tight box that held ice. Try and fix a new one. How about cars? I took the engine out of a Beetle and rebuilt it. Now I can't find the spark plugs. I don't even know if it has spark plugs, although I'm not sure how it would run without them. The new furnace has a PC board instead of a pilot light. Much more efficient but I could fix the old one myself. It's been happening ever since the Industrial Revolution, why would it change now?

I did fix my bicycle recently, but that's about the only device left that isn't dependent on technology here.

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.spirer.com
One People: http://www.onepeople.com/
Surfaces and Marks: http://www.withoutgrass.com