Re: Newbies photoshop question

	Make a selection,
	Hit Ctrl-J - it will copy the selection to a new layer.
	You can move it where you like with the move tool.

Alternatively,

	make a selection.
	while pressing the Ctrl+Alt keys together, drag the selection where you want.
	It will duplicate the selection, on the SAME layer.

Best regards,
Deen
2004-12-11 11:17:13

--
Deen Hameed
0405 649 101 deenhameed@xxxxxxxxxxxx

At 2004-12-11, 02:04:31 Tony (am9849@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

>>Hi
>
>Can someone help a newbie out?  I know there is a way to make a selection,
>copy it and with the move tool bring it to another location on the picture
>and paste it there, but I don't remember how its done. An example might be
>to use the marquee tool drag it to select some background, then copy it and
>with the move tool, move it to another location and paste it there without
>disturbing the original area you copied it from.
>
>Look forward to you all giving this newbie some help.
>Thanks
>Tony

___ END OF QUOTED TEXT ___