Re: Newbies photoshop question

Deen

That's a neat shortcut.
It works.

However, I'll stick with Jeff's Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V combination (although
it's another 2 keypresses) for one simple reason:
it works in about every known Windows compliant application - oh, and
actually Ctrl-J is not a "one hand only" combination for me.

As I'm a "Left-hand-keyboard / Right-Hand-Mouse" PC user, the big four
shortcuts for me on WIndows are:
Alt-Tab Switch applications
Ctrl-C Copy
Ctrl-X Cut
Ctrl-V Paste
Ctrl-Z Undo
These I use all day-every day in Excel, Word, PhotoShop, Visual Basic,
IrfanView ... PhotoShop.
One other combination that I'm starting to use more ...
Ctrl-A ... appears to "Select All" in *almost* all Windows Apps  - it
is not supported in PFE :o( -

There are others, but frankly once you are at the stage of needing to
either
a) look at the keyboard
b) use two hands

You might as well use the (generally slower) mouse route ...

Her's Bill's statement:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q126449

The prob with most other shortcuts is that they tend to be
application-specific: for instance Ctrl-S in Outlook sends the
message, in another program it does sommat totally else.

Bob