Re: portraits and permissions / was: PF Exhibits on 04 DEC 04

regarding model release forms,
I have a different question than the current thread.

I have been using what I thought was a pretty standard release form for my photo shoots. (artist models, not editorial or journalism)
I have been an artist for a long time, art school and all, but have supported myself primarily in other lines of work.

since trying my hand at digital photography, I have amassed a huge number of images. aside from selling some of my abstract and figurative images
in gallery settings, I've decided to try to become more focused on some entrepreneurial efforts, become more commercially responsible,
and sell some images via stock photography. So I have been weighing the options of creating my own website, and building a delivery mechanism
for digital images, or signing with an existing stock company.

I have found a company interested in my images... landscape, abstract, portrait, and figure. and they are very interested in any portraits or headshots,
but they have found my release form to be wanting, and want new signed releases. a considerable task for what is now several years of work.
I actually find very little difference between their form and mine.

so I'm wondering. is this likely to be a recurring problem? are model release forms an ever changing instrument, with variations for varying applications?
mark