Re: PF Exhibits on 27 NOV 04

> gallery/exhibit space was updated NOV 27 04.
> on display http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

>Morley Roberts - Skiff
Just a boat I'm afraid.  It's much more than a snapshot but less than
something I would keep. Why?  Mmmm ... maybe because everything lies
on the diagonal with a dark triangle below and a light one above left.
It needed to be less diagonally so for me to warm to it.

Photographically, there are no distracutions ... it's the subject
matter that fails for me.

>Trevor Cunningham - Big Sky Prairie
What can I say?  Lovely sky.
No, it looks to be a really good print.  On the web the "grain" isn't
coming over too well but my mind is making allowances and imagining
how good the texture would look in the real.  I bet it looks great on
the wall.

>Greg Fraser - Weeds
This counts among your best work to date greg (arghh ... I just
remembered a nude with a bagel!!!)
This is a truly class image.

Seriously, it's a brilliant;y executed shot.  Amazing what you can do
indoors when you have time on your hand.
It's just class.

Really, absolutely no nits to pick: I'd hang a print of this on the
wall until it faded ...

>Don Roberts - Light House Refractions
Fun and interesting shot.  I think it needs the explanation to work
though - that for me adds to the picture (knowing where it was taken
and what the patterns are just appeals to me). I guess you could read
that the other way though: ie, I'm not sure it stands on it's own as a
picture without it.  Without an interest in the refraction patterns
... it's just a picture.

All in alla a good shot, well presented, regardless.

>Deborah Holden - Neglect
Now I've seen this shot before somewhere.
Ah, I know, on ImageMaker Forum.
http://www.the28thfloor.com/imagemaker_forum/view_photographer.php?user_id_ref=1008

Now why should you expect free reviews here when on that forum they
charge $6!!!
Ah, they sell "professional" critiques ... ok, here's an
unprofessional one ;o)

What is it?  Why is it?

On it's own - jhust a bcket upterned  in the yhard.
Neglect - by whom? By what metric?
Neglect to fill it, to include it in it's entirety?
Neglect to make a square shot square ...
Who cares?

A biucket should be clean before it's international exposure: the yard
should be swept of leaves.  Rules rules rools ...

I feel this works beeter as part of it's series than it holds in
itself. An author who is Lori, Deborah or even Elgyann ... polyfaceted
identity does not an artiste make ....

>Alan Zinn - Art from above
Alan.

Why did you spoil the surprise?

Half the fun of a shot like this is the "what is it" factor.

Macro is not a new world, just facets of the boring one shown in a new
and entertaining way.

I'd have guessed this was sub-aqua

> Bob Talbot - Ted Hess
Who is Ted Hess?
http://www.googlism.com/where_is/t/ted_hess/

>Per Ofverbeck - Autumn Garden
Great scene.
Love the arrangement, love the contrast between bright flowers and
dull greeny background.
No annoying / distracting background clutter.

Small nit: wish you hadn't cropped off the base of the table legs.

>WRGill -
One of your better shots WR and shown at a size that allows it to
appreciate ...