Re: printing onto fabric

At 9:51 AM -0800 11/21/04, Marilyn wrote:
I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend, Emily. I send my heartfelt condolences.

Thank you . She was a neat person and a very true friend to me.

How about quilting the flags, or just sewing the colors and shapes on fabric?

Well, I'm really burned out on just about anything having to do with sewing after 8 years as a weaver making cloth and sewing clothing for retail. I've been in this house for 10 years now, as long as I knew my friend, and my sewing machine is still in my storage area.

Besides, Tibetan prayer flags are intended to carry the prayers on the wind and as the wind frays and tears apart the prayer flags, they get replaced by new ones. There's something about that process of sending out wishes/prayers and permitting them to get out of date/be retired by time/expire that seems to be a useful healing for the loss.

To answer your question about putting fabric through a printer - I've tried this with cloth-like handmade papers and they always get hung up

Interesting, my Epsons have always had a pressure adjustor lever. I have used it when printing to heavier paper to make the gap between the paper and platen a bit more open.

Thanks for your suggestions.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx 508-563-6822