Re: Quiz re Shutters

Quotes force the search engine to look for the enclosed string whereas no quotes tell the search engine to look for all the words in the search string in any order. Using quotes gets you a more refined search.

"Greg Fraser" will only get you high quality hits with my name in them.
Greg Fraser will hit on all sites with the word Greg and/or the word Fraser

Greg Fraser
"Things are never what they seem" - Vlad
http://home.golden.net/~fraserg

I typed "Kerr cell" (including quotation marks) into Google and the top
ranked hit seemed to answer the question.

http://www.elec.gla.ac.uk/groups/opto/Kerr.html

Just wondering why you typed the quotes. I Googled it without and the first link was the same as above.

Do the quotes have a purpose at times?