Gallery Review

Photos here http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html

Greg Fraser (Rose) - Not a rose. More dementia.

Dan Mitchell (Remembrance) - Timely but aesthetically kind of dull.

Chris Strevens (Prayer Candles) - Brings back memories and also a timely shot. Blurriness does not seem to help the image nor does the high contrast.

Deen Hameed - I really like this shot. You travel, travel, travel across the image until the monotony is interrupted by a dark tree and then an opening which seems very refreshing and makes me realize how oppressive and closed in I felt just a second ago.

Qkano (139) - At first I thought this was a boring shot but now I'm forced to wonder (and not reach a conclusion) if this is a composite. I am entertained. If its not a composite then what is the owner of this wall trying to say?

Emily L. Ferguson (Ocean rapids ) - The peaceful, headless guy at the right detracts from the look of hard work and danger on the face of the guy at the left. I'd like to see more white water too. Get cloning.

Laurenz Bobke (Morning Lake) - Bizarre coloring like extra cyan. Aside from that I like the mood.

Trevor Cunningham (Jill's Cottage) - I don't see the cottage and I like the background and sky but the foreground is so dark and heavy its scaring me and that's not a usual cottage emotion for me.

Leslie Spurlock (Stranded) - I like the bizarre scene here with gun toting fatigue clad men and the truck at the angle in on a road made of water. Dreamlike.

jIMMY Harris (Hot Rod) - I try not to read the text below the images but your shot is small enough and you put my name in CAPS so it was hard to miss. Thanks for the advice jIMMY. I would have fared far better had this car run over me.

Peeter Vissak (Who's on the phone?) - Well although the flash is not overpowered, it still looks like flash which I don't like but there's something about this shot I like. I think its the light coming through the curtain. It softens the flash effect for me. I would lose the yellow fruit though. It becomes a focal point due to its color.

Thank you gallery staff for another fine showing and thank you contributors for the same.

Greg Fraser
"Things are never what they seem" - Vlad
http://home.golden.net/~fraserg