Re: Gallery Review - for Greg/Chris/Jimmy

> Greg Fraser (Rose) - Not a rose. More dementia.
Well, it was a nice pattern ...
I love it personally .

> Dan Mitchell (Remembrance) - Timely but aesthetically kind of dull.
I have to agree.
Poppies - wonderful invaders we never got rid of.  Now we use them to
remind us of past horrors ... and the thousands who died ...

> Chris Strevens (Prayer Candles) - Brings back memories and also a
timely
> shot. Blurriness does not seem to help the image nor does the high
contrast.
WInchester is always worth a visit.
Agree with you though Greg ... the image lacks a raison d'etre ...
The blur effect is - well interesting.
It would be a tighter composition without the second (partially
hidden) child.

> Deen Hameed - I really like this shot.
So do I.
What is that line just under the border top right?

And to my contribution Greg wrote:
> Qkano (139) - At first I thought this was a boring shot but now I'm
forced
> to wonder (and not reach a conclusion) if this is a composite. I am
> entertained. If its not a composite then what is the owner of this
wall
> trying to say?
Chris had wrote.
>Bob Talbot - 139 - Amusing.  Nicely seen.

Well, Chris was right (about it being seen not made) and Greg, well,
does everything have to be a fake these days?
It probably is boring actually.
It really was just something seen while on a long circular walk from
Richmond, through  Richmond Park (absolutely heaving with green
parrots!), then along the river visiting Ham House and Teddington
Lock.
Just a gateway with three numbers . not just three but (to my
mathematical brain) all threes.
The series 1, 3, 9, ... What's next?  27? or maybe 19?
But also, the repeat three times.
Most of all though the (apparent) absurdity of someone taking the
trouble to replace the numbers on the wall by thier gate without
reomving the old versions.  Maybe it's failing eyesight (like mine).
Each time the numbers have got bigger.  Anyway, for sure it is Number
139 ... i think I got the message ;o)

Oh, and Jimmy wrote under his image:
"no one else gives details"
OK, the house is located in Outer London (district Ham) on the North
side of the Petersham Road (A307). Map shown at:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?M32B525C9

Is that enough detail?

> Emily L. Ferguson (Ocean rapids ) - The peaceful, headless guy at
the right
Don't think this is one of Emily's best.
The other bloke is pure distraction.
The lighting direction is wrong ...

> Laurenz Bobke (Morning Lake) -
Apart from being from an exotic-sounding place this does little for me

> Trevor Cunningham (Jill's Cottage) -
Very dark on my monitor (PC)
The dark water dominates - too much maybe.

> Leslie Spurlock (Stranded) -
Interesting and "out there" commentary on a real life situation.
Not controlled media - just there.
Get out and walk with the camera - water or no!

> jIMMY Harris (Hot Rod) -
A very good shot Jimmy.
Well composed by and by, would have benefitted from a slightly richer
sky (polariser?)

> Peeter Vissak (Who's on the phone?) -
Mmmmm ...
A shot for the family album?
Good interaction between kids but I don't get far beyond that
(photographically)

Bob

Robin Cook's Resignation Speech, March 2003
http://makeashorterlink.com/?S16B415C9