Re: digital P&S sales 2004

> hehe, the 5Mp is already here - how many pro's here will switch I
wonder?
> ;-)
If you turn the camera 45-degrees when you take the picture the
effective number of pixels rises to nearly  7.5 million (SQRT(2) * 5)

> should we continue the trend of running photo courses based on 'the
newest'
> technologies, should there be photo courses for cam-phones?
They could be part of any course.
ATEOTD they *are* photographs.

The phones (sp far?) have no controls other than shoot.  But then so
too do disposable film cameras.  I'm sure at least half (WAG estimate)
of creativity is in the evye of the photographer - some fantastic
images have been made with disposables.  For street work (candids) too
the phones do not have the same effect (barrier?) to taking natural
scenes.  People do not change as they do when an F2.8 20mm is pointed
at thier group from a 3 kg SLR - they blend into the background.

Bob
PS ... and I can't download ringones nor play pacman on my EOS D1s!!!