Re: the end is nayy...

http://richmason.com/utne/mooned.jpg
>   Or just someone making an ass of themselves?

Content
Looks like an industrial scene at night.  Moody lighting.
A woman sits on a caterpillar, laughing at a bloke with his pants half
down.
Why? Nothing in the picture answers that and nothing about that fact
stands on its own [ooh - err - missus]. The picture has a surprising
amount of content to interest the wandering eye ... but to me it lacks
one important area of content: a clear point of interest.

Reaction
I'm not sure this provokes that much reaction in me.  Actually, I wish
I hadn't seen the title because it gave the game away.  Approaching
the image fresh the "impact" may have been more of surprise when I
suddenly realised the bloke had a bare bum ... beyond that, well, it's
impact is limited

Aesthetics
There is a clear form, pattern to the image.
Is it artistic, or just a bit of fun? I suspect the latter.  As a work
of art it lacks cohesion.  The lighting is for me it's strongest
pictorial element.  The bare bum almost certainly weakens it's overall
score.

Practice (Photographic technique, Photoshoppery, Presentation)
Verticals are vertical. The lighting is good. The cropping is good
(nothing is there that should have been skipped) but I would be
tempted to lose some from the base (the light area at the bottom) and
the right edge (to lose the red trunk).  Seems to make a tighter image
to me.

Overall, this is not complete CRAP by any means, in other words it's
good, but not great.

Bob