Detecting flammable liquid residue using UV

Fellow list members--

I have heard of articles that have made mention of using a UV light source
to cause flammable liquid residue to fluoresce. Can any of you provide me
with any information on detecting flammable liquid residue using UV?

Also, where can I get more in-depth information on photographing under UV
light?

Thanks,

--Steve