Re: Photo/image Databases

Hi, Julius,

I use FileMaker Pro 8 for its flexibility. It takes awhile to learn but it imports and exports to Microsoft Excel, for fine-tuning editing, if necessary, easily. It's not free, however. Having used it at work, I didn't have to learn it from scratch.

I track exposure (f/stop, shutter speed, film, ASA) for every shot on every roll of film, taking notes as I shoot. FP lets me put in as much info as I want, including exhibition notes. Depending on how it's set up, I can pull out just the exposure info or just the date info or just the location info or . . .

It has the capability of storing individual photos (or links to them), as well.

There may be a less "fancy" database around that's free and FP has more features than I need (or use) but I like its flexibility.

--Sally

Julius Miller wrote:

Just wondering what people use to store information about there
images.

What databases do you use?
Are there any "good" free image databases around???