Re: The great debate

In a message dated 10/1/2004 8:29:27 AM Central Standard Time, marilyn@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

*Do you know of any people who are painters or sculptors and photographers
and successful in both areas?  Can you give me names so I can research these
people?

Marilyn,
One of the best examples of photographer and painter is Charles Sheeler.  Another, farther back in time is William Aiken Walker.  Sheeler belonged to a small group known as "Precisionists" .  Walker worked in the Southeast around 1900 using freed slaves (mostly sharecroppers) for his subject matter.  Hope this helps.

John Dixon