Re: film users: what kind/brand/format of film do you use? why?

Dear Colleagues,

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

TMAX 3200 (although recently I've used Ilford 3200) In both cases I
use them at an EI of 1600. I develop them in Rodinal. I find TMAX's
grain structure nicer, although the Ilford emulsion isn't too bad.

I find I have a strong preference for the Ilford; the TMAX is just
flat somehow. However, I'm not developing either myself.

Weird. If anything I find the opposite. But I've not actually done any side by side comparisons.

FP4+ again, developed in Rodinal (hey -- I develop *everything* in
Rodinal). I like the look of this film and it's pretty forgiving.

I shot 100 feet of that once, back in the 1970s. Most hated film I
ever saw.

:-)  I guess that's why we're individuals.

I'm actually really impressed with the Ilford XP2 Super (after having
a really bad experience with the original XP, back in the 1980s).

Is that a B&W C41 emulsion? I've got to say I've never shot it. I have tried one of these developed as B&W and I quite liked it, but it was just an experiment with a roll of old film. I didn't really go back there again.

Oooh, I almost forgot...

The public wants to see more use of film. They DEMAND their PQRSTUVW! And FP4+ is only hated by digital lovers :-p

I feel so much better now :-D

Best
UnBob