Re: Suggestions for hanging an exhibit

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Miller" <jmmiller@xxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 12:30 PM
Subject: Re: Suggestions for hanging an exhibit

I have to agree - 16" between photographs or paintings sounds like a lot of room. Maybe hanging a show in a gallery large enough to leave that much space between images is something we can all aspire to {:->

Marilyn

While I would tend to agree with these suggestions, 16" between hanging wall art might be a luxury. For example, a horizontal 16x20 plus the 16" would be three feet of wall space. In a small gallery you could run out of wall space very quickly. It would be nice to have that much space, but I think you can get by will less.