gallery review

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated SEP 11 04.
Authors with work now on display at http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

D.L. Shipman - Good News Climber

This is why most camera don't have an f13. It is very bad luck to shoot at f13. Shots taken at f13 very rarely turn out. As evidenced here.

> John Palcewski - Speed

Well, I don't get the sensation of speed. I think the girl is terrified cause the porker is clearly driving on the wrong side of the road. And she has no helmet on. She will have to wash her hair a dozen times to get the beer breath out of her hair. There ought to be a law!
(Seriously, would you get on a bike with a guy wearing a helmet with THAT many battle scars? I think not!)

> Bob Talbot - Girl

Apparently so. I am guessing she just realized what her mom made her wear to school? At least she didn't make her wear a helmet.

> Steve Harris -

He is clearly trying to get that tooth out, hoping that the tooth fairy will bring him an electric guitar.

> Dan Mitchell - Bircham Mill

You were standing there. The sun was shining and ooooops! Ohmygawd! Who put a fookin windmill there? Bloinkin thing snuck up on me! I better take a picture of it! (Next time wait until the light is better. I'll have a dollop of romance on my windmills please.)

> Charles Siegel - Grasse, France 2004

I suspect this image is about how brightly coloured the motorcycles are. I would imagine they seemed quite out of place within that environment. There are bars all over the windows and a metal structure designed to tie things to. I am impressed by the latitude of the capture. There is a ton of detail in both the light and the shadow. It feels digital. It feels like I am in the alleyway behind a restaurant.
Perhaps not the wealthiest part of town.
My favorite part of the shot is the light on the womans face. Beautiful light reflected off the wall in front of her; who waits for her? Her daughter? Has she just gotten off work?

> Jim Davis - Deer and Ducks

3 ducks and a buck. One of the ducks is clearly angry and coming after you. Run Jim RUN!!!!

> Robert G. Earnest -

Dang near almost got a good shot there... should'a had a 12 fps digidooda and shot it at f13 at a 666th of a sec that might have worked.

> Trevor Cunningham - South Unit in TR National Park

WAYYYYY too much sky. Crop it into a pano. That way the best feature of this shot (the mist on the river bend) won't be wasted..

Stephen Ylvisaker - Moonset

I like (no... love) the top half of this shot.
I can even get interested in the bottom half of this shot.

But not both together. Crop out one or the other.

those are my half baked attempt at an interesting review with some sincerity's out of the corner of my mouth for the rare bit that interested me.
Hope I didn't get anyones panties in a bunch. (What ever happened to that PF sex poodle Auntie Em? Has she been trying to take sailboat shots in 150 mph winds this season?)

peace, ya'll