Re: Simultaneously combining the novel with the familiar

Title: Re: Simultaneously combining the novel with the familiar
you wrote:
Well, at last!  We now all know what this list is for!
It's to discuss the three big troll subjects on all my other lists:

Mac vs PC
Nikon vs Canon
Film vs digital
goodie, goodie.

At 7:37 +0900 9/8/04, James B. Davis wrote:
On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 16:14:27 +0200, John Palcewski
<palcewski@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

>As I understand it, the term troll means someone who seizes on any
>opportunity to vent a lot of hot gas, mostly venomous.  Well, that's exactly
>what I'm seeing here lately.  Non-thinkers and non-writers and I suspect
>non-photographers spewing out rubbish in great quantities.

Check the mirror.

     Since this is a list ostensibly devoted to information, here, from the Dictionary of Jargon, is an apt definition of *troll*.....

 An individual who chronically trolls in a sense, regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by the fact that the have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of life on the net....

      in addition, I'm in ageement with those who think there has been more than enough film vs. digital and way more than enough faux Bob Rosen.....both of those got old after the second iteration....IMHO.....how about we all go back to having some respect for each other and perhaps change the subject....

Jim
Baja Oregon