Re: Simultaneously combining the novel with the familiar

Bob, I cannot for the life of me see what's wrong with
"thousands of neo-technophiles snapping everything and
anything at arms length on auto...."

So what if they "get a microdrive, a 20A-h battery and

just keep the shutter button down" and "produce
"...10,000 low res. images...."

Let them have fun.  May a zillion happy snaps appear.

How is this in any way harming you, me, or Art?  Or
photography?  I just don't see a problem here.

You can't be suggesting that we are all losing the
ability to discriminate between good images and bad.
My guess is that digicams will be the starting point
for as many good photographers as were Brownies and
Instamatics.  Which is to say, quite a few.

--John

=====
J Mason
Charlottesville, Virginia