UnBob Re: PF exhibits updated 04 SEP 04

Uncle Bob,

Thank you very much for the glowing review of my impressive Agfa Isolette. It was taken with me D70 and PB-4. The impressive dust-removal is entirely by chance. Still, your rapt admiration for the composition, exquisite control of depth of field, and the sharpness of my 15 year old uncollimated 50mm lens more than makes up for it...

It was the first shot I took with the D-70+PB-4*50/1.8. I took a few soon after (but they were all EXACTLY the same)... It must have been the facination of seeing the image develop glistening and wet right before my very eyes on my laptop mere seconds after the exposure itself....

I'm owning up as the perpetrator of the email with just my very best wishes; it was a slip of me frozen fingers. I was writing in to ask you what your photographer's statement meant. You have a true talent there, John.

:D
Deen
2004-09-05 13:58:18

--
Deen Hameed
0405 649 101 deenhameed@xxxxxxxxxxxx

At 2004-09-05, 12:32:54 Bob Rosen (afterswift@xxxxxx) wrote:

>>              Deen Hameed - Agfa Isolette
>>

>All photographers seem to take a photo of their equipment at some time.
>Perhaps it's because we have such impressive equipment!  As my better
>half has now returned to bed, I have more time to study this image.  One
>of the problems I've always had with close-up photography of things like
>this is that there's always dust on the object -- especially if its ever
>been used.  You seem to have managed to successfully tackle that beast,
>with only two small spots of dust(?) on the image.  The other things are
>wear and dirt.  I mention them because they are major obstacles in the
>path of making any closeup of an object appear to be a closeup of
>something "new".  You have succeeded.
>
>>              Unbob Unrosen - The old and the new
>>

>I must thank the many who have emailed me about this image -- ok, the
>one who has.  Oddly enough the message contained only my photographers
>statement and a "best regards".  Clearly an indication that my statement
>says it all.
>
>Actually I feel I have to compare my image with Jeff Spirer's.  I really
>have to say I like the contrast in his work, it makes mine look flat and
>pretty uninteresting.  I guess it comes down to the lighting -- his is
>so much better.
>
>I must thank all contributors to this week's gallery.
>
>A long (long, long, long) time ago I used to view the gallery regularly
>and comment.  I haven't done so for some time.  However I think I will
>start to do so again.
>
>Best,
>UnBob

___ END OF QUOTED TEXT ___