Review: PF exhibit updated Aug 28 FYI

gallery/exhibit space was updated AUG 28 04. Authors
display at  http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

>                Jeff Spirer - Life Is Hard
Yuk: too contrast / oversharp?

>                Jim Davis - Sticky Action
Framing?
Real shame stick left view but good action none the less ...

>                D. Steve Harris -
Good use of space: love the "S" lead in ...

>                Emily L. Ferguson - Conversation
One of the best shots I remember seeing from Emily.
I took the liberty of appling a severe crop to force it to comply with
my obsession for tight framing and excision of peripheral distracions:
http://website.lineone.net/~wildimages/PF/ferguson-3.jpg
Does this make a good shot even better?

It's all about the patterns and shade for me: if you could see the fat
fellow and his mobile phone it would be mundane.

Love it as it is (or better as I cropped it ;o)

>                Bob Talbot - Yellow Wellies
Andy considered this fit for display ????

>                D.L. Shipman - Still Life
Um ... interesting.
Not my cuppa though ....

>                Veli Izzet - The Boss
Well composed but "documantary" in my eyes, that is, little interest
without the explanation of what we were shown.

>                Howard Leigh - A London Transport Omnibus
YOu want some colour in the desaturated bits (IMO) or slightly less on
the bus (IMO).
This treatment generally jars with 100% desat ... subtlety achieves
the same thing.

I'd like to see it again with 30 -50 % desat on background
elelements ---
Oh, it is a nice composition

>                Charles Siegel - Yellow flowers - August 2004
Nice crisp shot

>                Christopher Strevens - Judy in the Park
Been there, done that ...