Gallery Opinions

Pini Vollach (Viking photographer) - I agree its not the best image however, I
had no idea there were still Vikings around and I'm glad to see they are into
photography. I suppose the low camera angle, the curve of the right hand, the
downward facing head and what appears to be a shadow on the chin gives me the
impression of a statue of Jesus.....with a camera which is how I picture him.
#11 - Thou shalt not shoot digital. However, your title and your blurb stating
this is a great remembrance brings back many of my own fond Viking memories.
Well, not so much memories as hallucinations but fond hallucinations.
Composition-wise I don't care too much for the shot but I do like the way the
clouds reach right to the bottom of the frame. Sort of gives the imagination a
wide range of possibilities.

Herschel Mair - Very cool...well warm actually but still cool. Although the red
grasshopper is an attention getter, I'm drawn away from it and up to the
earring. I'm also quietly drawn to the delicate lighting on the left ear and
neck region. Shhhh...don't disturb her.

Rubin Diehl F. (Lilith) - Lilith off her lithium. The facial expression alone
conveys quite a lot of information but just in case you're unsure of her
emotional state, she sports a cowl that travels up the left side of her head
then down in a broken line on the other side like a profit chart of a failing
company while in the background, barely lit lines travel in random directions
like a tangled web. Chaos abounds in a world of darkenss. Seems a tad
underexposed though it may be my LCD monitor.

Jim Davis (Yumi and the Dogs) - The urn definitely is the subject of this shot.
like another way of saying us. Anyway, although I doubt it was your intention, I
can't help but feel Yumi is the least important thing in this shot and that
bothers me.

D.L. Shipman - I am drawn to contrast and the mole under the model's right
collar bone is like a beacon to me. Sure its real and leaving it there un-dodged
is more realistic but everytime I look at this shot my first thought is 'how
could you miss that?' I don't know if its the placement of her arms or her eyes
or the direction of her stare or what but she looks more like a mannequin than a
live person. The lighting is nice though. No deep shadows and at the same time
no obvious fill flash. Interesting range of portraits this week. All three shots
in stark contrast to each other.

Peeter Vissak (Open-air concert at the Lake Leigo, Southern Estonia, No. 2) - Is
that smoke from the peat fires I see in the distance? Lively light but just a
wee bit more of it would be appreciated. You should not have said what was going
on. With atmosphere like this I prefer to fill in the details on my own. This
reminds me of dimly lit paintings of the Dutch masters.

Greg Fraser (Algonquin Park August 2004) - Algonquin park Ontario, Canada is a
fabulous place to visit. Almost lost one of the kids into a river during one
rainy excursion to shoot a waterfall. Good thing I've got a spare one to carry
my tripod.

WRGill - Now I'm wondering about your choice of camera angle. You mention the
house is very short but shooting low like this does not give me the impression
of a squat dwelling. Do you have any interior shots?

Timothy A. Holmes (At the Falls) - First off I have to commend you for the depth
of your exposure data in your image details section. As for the image, I really
like the way the water appears to bleed out of the rocks as opposed to rushing
over them. Speaking of rocks though, there are a lot of boring ones in the
scene. I would prefer to see more falling water and less surrounding gray. The
trees are good for the color they add but the huge foreground mossy rock is
distracting.

Dan Mitchell (Forbidden) - I too love texture and you're right, there's lots of
it. The color, as depicted by my monitor, does not appeal much to me.

Greg Fraser
http://home.golden.net/~fraserg

This mail sent through WebMail | Courtesy of Golden Triangle On Line