Re: Exposure with velvia 100f

David <drl2002@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I just got back from Europe and going over my Velvia slides I notice that in
> some particular transparencies the sky is a rich/saturated blue and in
> others it is faded out white in the next frame...How can I ensure a good
> exposure everytime to achieve that saturated sky? Thanks.

Well -- check the edges of the frame, always.  Use your light meter;
use a spot meter.  And, quite possibly, use a polarizing filter to
darken/saturate the blue sky (at certain angles).  In some cases, a
graduated neutral-density filter is necessary (requires a linear
horizon somewhere in the picture).