Re: Digital Photography - Chris

It pays to be prepared.  I have a removable disk in a tray, and I insert my
spare HD there, run Ghost, and duplicate the main HD.  If needed all I have
to do is swap the duplicate for the original if the SP2 upgrad goes wrong.
Only point, remember to do the Ghost copy prior to the SP2 install.

Roll back is simple, swap drives.

Jim Thyer

> <<<The sp2 update arrived last week and when I installed it my system
> completely locked up. I could not start the pc into xp. It took an hour on
> the phone to Microsoft (in India) to fix it....>>>
>
> Chris,
>
> You are lucky!
>
> Rumours are (Woody's Windows Watch) that SP2 cannot be
"uninstalled"/rolled back.  At least they could fix your problem - hope the
help line is not premium rate.  If they hadn't you could have been faced
with a complete reinstall of the original AND all critical updates etc.

http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/id/7098.htm