Re: Be careful what you wish for!

At 11:19 PM 8/24/2004 +0800, K wrote:

How cool! We're back to the film Vs digital debate again ..

Naw... the revolution is successfully over. The winners are too busy making better images and the losers who can't deal with it are just spinning wheels and blowing smoke.

Is there any digital replacement for any of the banquet camera formats yet?

Yes, but the present technology is far too expensive for non-government work, The only consumer level concept I've seen would have been based on a swing lens. The camera CPU could be preprogrammed as to number and orientation of frames and in camera stitching of resulting files. I don't think anything like this will happen soon. A far simpler solution, albeit still expensive, would be multiple digicams triggered simultaneously.

Actually, though, the obvious answer is to continue doing as always and use film as long as it is cheaper and available.

Dave
East Englewood
Discard no technology before it's time.