Re: Retrofocus lens design was Digital lens question - answer

The Super Angulon-R 21mm made between 1964 and 1968 was a non-retro design
and required the mirror on the first model Leicaflex to be locked up.  The
lens was replaced in 1968 with a retro design that could be used on any R
mount camera.

-dan c.