From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Rand Flory
Sent: Saturday, August 14, 2004 9:42 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Thoughts about the PF exhibits for 14-AUG-04

Pini Vollach - Dancing with camels

http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/vollach.html

I like this shot. The alignment of the heads is interesting. The lines
created by the arms and reins on the camel are interesting. The action, both
seen and implied, is interesting. This is a very good photo and an
outstanding human interest slice of life.

The light in the image fascinates me. It looks like light when the sun is
near the horizon, as it casts a beautiful yellow glow to the scene. This
appears to be especially apparent on the white T-shirt. But where are the
shadows cast by the body, head and legs of the camel and the boy atop the
camel? They must be lost in the shifting desert sands of the midground.

This is indeed a well-done image.

And a VERY good week of images. Thanks to everyone who submitted and to Andy
and his staff for making all of this possible.

peace

rand