Re: Request For Insight

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 16:59:46 -0700, Cap'n Jimmy <flyboy@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote/replied to:

>      I'm in the process of researching image storage devices. It is
>obvious to me this is the way to go for extended digital photo shoots
>in lieu of carrying a bunch of data cards. There are 4 that I'm
>looking at, Image Tank G2, Flash Trax, Nixvue and Vosonic. I'm
>thinking 20 GB should be ample storage space. The thing is I don't
>hear or read much about these things as to how reliable they are or
>their ease of use. Some of them are even equipped with MP3 players
>for goodness sakes. All I want to do is store images for later
>transfer to my computer, not listen to Brittany Spears. I would be
>grateful for any comments from any of you who have experience with
>these devices.

I bought an Imagetank G2 for much the same reasons as you. I wanted
only a device to do a one button dump from CF card. The device does
double as a CF card reader too. It will also dump to a CF card and
allows you to check the folders that it makes automatically for you
with each dump.

It works great and comes with an A/C and auto adaptor. I just got the
20 gig but the drive can be replaced. I also like the way it shuts off
automatically soon after use and it charges from any voltage in the
world. Small enough to clip on your belt and really really easy to
use.

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography
http://jimdavis.oberro.com/