Re: Canon 10D back focus

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:41:11 -0400 (EDT), ADavidhazy
<andpph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

>I have noticed that sometimes when I am "shooting" fast the AF picks out the
>"wrong subject" to focus on but that is a function of automation and not system
>or equipment error. Must admit I have not tried to look for erroneous focusing
>otherwise. Would I like a more sophisticated camera? Sure. But this one suits
>me just fine for now.

Try using only the centre focus point. I have the tiny little button
by the right thumb set to go to only centre focus point. I actually
use it this way almost all the time. And don't forget, Manual Focus
works a treat too!

Multiply focus points are strange things. I mean you have these 7
little squares and the camera is supposed to know where you want to
focus? Ya, right. Granted the 10d does a nice job of choosing most of
the time, but I don't depend on it much. For some types of shooting
maybe.

And this is why I miss ECF. Eye controlled focus is like magic.
Focuses at the point where you look. And the only reason I'll likely
upgrade when a Canon DSLR comes out with it. I just can't understand
why Canon has not put it on a DSLR yet. But I'm sure there is a reason
and they are working on it!

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography
http://jimdavis.oberro.com/