Brief comments on this week's photographs

As seen in the PF gallery at http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html

Lawrence Smith - CAJ #7: Very eye catching. Somewhat disturbing. Not to be
ignored for sure. Blown-out highlights add to the feeling of strangeness.

Jeff Spirer - Gesture: Seen this gesture many times but here presented with a
slight twist that lifts it above commonplace. I like the inclusion of that
little sign/paper on window at right. Photo has a bit of enigmatic quality to
it. I myself don't like tatoos.

Leslie Spurlock - The Teacher: Very good environmental portrait in my opinion.
Obviously a math/finance lesson. Looks like an awfully small room. Illustrates
the stressful conditions under which these teachers have to try to raise the
educational level of the people.

Trevor Cunningham - Shadow in the Petra Siq: Just a bit too dark for my taste.
Foreboding and sinister locale. The light reminds me of a dagger. Good jumping
off point to write a mystery novel maybe.

Laurenz Bobke - Mosque in the Blue Hour: I like this for its very unusual
lighting and coloration and exoticness.

jIMMY Harris - Some Girls Got It!: Nice action photograph. Looks like girl and
horse are operating at 100% throttle and in unison almost as if horse already
knew the number they were going for. Impossible I know but ...

Dan Mitchell - lunchtime: reminds me of my lunchtimes ... NOT! I like this
urban pastoral scene. If they are related there are probably interpersonal
"things" possibly going on here? Like is she doing crossword puzzle and will
she ever get the rest of the paper?

WRGill - gives me the shivers ... hanging on a loose canvas wing stiffened by
wires stressing a main spar is unnerving just to think about but I bet the
person hanging there is having the time of his life. Interesting scene.

Peeter Vissak - Summer afternoon: Four (4) ... am I right? :) Were they trying
to chase you away like barnswallows do to me when I set up to photograph their
young? I bet the environment around you when you made the photograph was just
wonderful. I'm jealous for not having experienced it also!

Andrew Davidhazy - Prisoner of circumstance: Wonder what _this_ means? I think
this is way too deep for me. OTOH it could be texturally very superficial and
patently obvious. Definitely not something I could/would stare at for long.

asta! andy