RE: printer recommendations?

AZ wrote, about the HP 7660:

>At that price it would be worth it to have two
>printers--one dedicated to b/w.

Absolutely.  It would be a fine printer at twice the
price.  Prints really do look as good a Johnston
claims.  Annoying that it can't handle paper bigger
than 8.5x11.  I'd love to be able to print 11x14.

>Maybe there is a HP user group that has worked
>out panoramas.

The technology is coming our way.  And fast.  How long
ago was it that digi SLRs cost over ten grand and
produced images far inferior to the digi Rebel?  HP
has figured out that there's a market out here that
wants seriously good out-of-the-box B&W.  Canon (and
Epson, I hope) can't be far behind.

--John

=====
J. Mason