From: "Sally Mack" <photographs.by.sally.mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 8:57 AM
Subject: printer recommendations?

> Does anybody have a photo printer s/he loves?  I need professional
quality prints from scans, have a presentation to complete within a
couple of weeks.

> I have an Epson Stylus C84 that stinks.  Everything about it screams
"cheap."  It's made of cheap plastic, it frequently doesn't work right,
I have to spend a lot of time figuring out why, more time correcting it.
Cartridges are hard to find, output is okay but I have to print test
after test after print to get a decent print, the manual isn't clear
about the options.  I had to call Epson to get a manual.  It's not made
for the kind of printing I need.

> I'm pretty sour on Epson, but will take all recommendations under
consideration.  I'm hoping to find something under $600.