Re: New twist at my wedding last week

> No offense intended
None taken!

>but since when was it only a days work?
Well, "Aunt Maud" has done the shoot and distirbuted her prints before
the best man's speech!.

Seriously, it's not how much time you actually spend but the public's
perspective of how much time it takes that you are up against.

>I calculated between client meetings, going to the rehearsal,
> shooting the wedding, designing the album and individually crafting
the
> prints to was 40-50 hrs of labor.
That is a lot more time than most wedding photographers here put in:
certainly attending rehearsals is not the norm and the "client
meeting" for us was less than half an hour - in essence a sales pitch.

> Never mind paying my assistant, gas,
> vehicle wear and tear, equipment etc.  I could never have payed my
mortgage
> if I only charged $2750 for my 'days work'.
And you had an assistant too !
Ah, now I know why you need to charge.
The chap we had probably did 4-weddings in the same day -  darting
back and forth between churches and receptions.  YOu get what you pay
for I guess ;o0

Bob