Re: PF Exhibits on June 26, 04

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 23:56:57 +0100, you wrote:

>Did you know that the energy required to extract the uranium and refine it
>for use as a fuel and the energy to build the power station comes to more
>than the total energy output of the power unit over its entire life... and
>then there is the decommissioning.  All seems to be a red herring.

Ya, so it's a good thing that it takes very little energy to just dump
the spent fuel in a great big hole somewhere.

The facts are though that nuclear generating plants are mostly what
keeps us going. If we had to depend on burning fossil fuels, it would
all be gone now and we'd all be riding bicycles. Hey, we should all be
riding bicycles anyway.

--
Jim Davis, President,
Eastern Beaver Company,