Attn: Howard--->Re: Upsizing Digital Files

Hi
I am a newbie so I hope this isn't a stupid question. I use PS CS and when I tried resizing in the "print preview" it limited me to the size I could make it. In other words I shoot in Nikon NEF format so the photo is approx.
10" X 6.67" in print preview if I want to make it a finished 8X10 size print when I change the size settings to
8" from the 6.67" it automatically changes the other size to 12". So my question is how can I resize to a specific size in print preview without have PS CS automatically changing the size of the other?
Thanks
Tony