Re: Nightline--WWII

>Check into both A&E's Investigative Reports series and Discovery Channel.
>Both did an in-depth report on combat photographers. The Investigative
>Reports episode look at mostly current shooters but gave a good history. The
>Discovery show may have been in a series, but covered mostly W.W.II cine
>shooters. Very interesting material in both shows.

Greg,

Right. I had seen at least one of these. I guess I had a devious mind when I
posted that note. It was to simply in a round about way give credit to the
combat photographers who are largely unsung documentary heroes of that event
and the whole conflict for that matter. I just thought that it was a bit of an
exageration that there were only 11 (still?) frames of the landing. I bet
combat photographers also made still photographs - it is just that they did
not end up on the pages of Life. Actually some did.

Don't get me wrong. I do think Capa is an exceptional photographer. Just that I
don't believe he was the only one there. BTW, there was a documentary about him
on PBS or some other channel as well. Good stuff!

:)
andy