Re: Nightline--WWII

Andy, and all,

I typed my original post in haste, and it turns out the 11 still frames are indeed the only still frames to have survived from Omaha Beach, certainly not the entire Normandy invasion.

Four rolls of Capa's film made it back to the lab, but the first three met with disaster in processing and the 11 frames were on the fourth roll which was processed successfully.

Film from the other combat photographers, still and movie, being sent back from Omaha Beach fell from the pack of the man who was climbing up a net ladder with it. The film splashed into the ocean, never to be seen again. There is other footage and more still pictures from the invasion at Omaha Beach, but they were made from the sea, not from the beach.

Rich