Re: Nightline--WWII

It was written.......

> Late notice for US viewers:  Nightline on ABC tonight is all about
> photography during WWII.  Only 11 frames of still photos saved from
> Normandy--the first 3 rolls processed were blank...
>
> Rich

It was Cappa's film from Omaha Beach.  Sparce footage from Normandy Beach
survived.  A series of calamaties claimed the film off those beaches.

A sad day in the history of civilization.

S.

Indeed!!! But wait! This was film! You Know, silver. How could such a thing happen? Who was it... Bob Rosen or one of the other list digifobes, who once posted "You trust silver and silver trusts you... silver may be the greatest Doppelganger of them all". Anyway, too bad Cappa didn't have an histogram to check

Thank goodness the history of civilization is now safely in the hands of digital photo journalists!!!!

Dave
East Englewood
I'm not going to let anything like facts or logic change *my* mind!
    -  Bob Rosen